Sunday 10 May 2009

Star Trek (2009)

Director: J. J. Abrams
Starring: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Leonard Nimoy, Eric Bana, Karl Urban, John Cho, Zoe Saldana, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg
Genre: Science-fiction
Certificate: 12
Rating: *****

I've never seen anything to do with Star Trek before, even though I am a lover of sci-fi. After watching this film, I am going to watch every single film and series of Star Trek, simply because I absolutely ADORE it! Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg...all are fantastic actors, and all out-do themselves in their performances in this film. The plot is great - it is extremely clever to think about someone coming back from the future and changing the past, causing that future to maybe never happen. There is a perfect balance of comedy and action in this film to make it a modern classic. One minute you are laughing, the next your pulse is racing as a fight has just broken out (and trust me, there are loads of fights). All I can do is congratulate Mr. Abrams for directing a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment