Thursday 27 August 2009

Iron Man (2008)

Director: Jon Favreau
Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow
Genre: Superhero/adventure
Age certificate: 12
Rating: **** - good

I have to tell you that when I first started watching this film, I was actually in the mood for some soppy romance. Therefore, the first, ten minutes maybe?, I was not impressed. It seemed like it was just going to be another war film. Although, at the same time, I admit, I was slightly amused by the attitude of the main character, Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.). After the initial war and death part though, and when Stark started building a giant iron man to escape a terrorist camp, I actually realised that this film is hilarious, and just generally good all-round, with stunning visual effects and great acting. The characters are not just likeable, but also loveable, excluding the antagonist of course, whom you automatically loathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment