Tuesday 1 June 2010

What Happens in Vegas (2008)

Director: Tom Vaughan
Starring: Cameron Diaz, Ashton Kutcher, Rob Corrdry, Dennis Farina
Genre: romantic comedy
Certificate: 12
Rating: ***

The first thing I will mention is that romantic comedies are highly predictable. But that doesn't mean they can't be good.

What Happens in Vegas is far from the funniest film I have ever seen - however, it does have its moments (one bit I would have to include on my 'Funniest Moments' list, due to it causing tears to prick my eyes).

Kutcher really outdoes himself in this film - he portrays his character brilliantly, from his witty thinking to his laidback lifestyle. And Diaz is nearly always glorious - this is no exception.

Although the cinematography is nothing special, and the script is nowhere near as good as, say, that of Mean Girls, it definitely is something sweet and funny, if not predictable, to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment